Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter

Happy Easter - may your day be filled with family and friends.

Friday's blog post talked about creating your own background.   Here is another sample of this technique that I made into an Easter card.

The sentiment is inside the card.   Look closely at the Damask oval.  It has piercing elements on it.   So easy to create the paper piercing look with these element dies.   I used the Journey Foam Squares between the Green Olive oval and the Damask oval.   That way it would add dimension but also allow light to peek through the piercing elements.    This is the first time I have used the foam squares.   I really like them.   They are easy to use, already separated on the sheet and are small enough to fit in tinier spaces. They are evenly spaced between each other, so when you pull one off a number of them don't come off at the same time.  We also have a 1/2" size.   The Journey Foam Squares are a crafter's must have time in my opinion. 

Fun Stampers Journey Products used:

Card Stock I used:
Green Olive CS-0113
Sweet Berry CS-0034
Whipped Cream CS-0040

Ink Pads I used:
Sweet Berry IP-0029
Pineapple Smoothie IP-0014
Green Olive IP-0072
Blue Lagoon IP-0002
Black Licorice IP-0041 (used for stamped image only for my project)

Stamp Set/Die Set:
Damask Print AT-0081

Die Cutting Machine/Dies:
Journey Platinum Machine TO-0090
Journey Ovals (set of 10) DI-0042

Misc Supplies:
Green Olive Satin Ribbon  AC-0107
Journey Foam Squares AD-0084 (this is the 1/4" size)

I have added in catalog links on the right side of my blog - just click on the photo of the catalog you want to view.   

Mary Director
Fun Stampers Journey Coach 
http://www.funstampersjourney.com/marydirector
24/7 on-line ordering available

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your feedback is important to me. Because I am trying to avoid SPAM being posted on my blog, all comments are moderated and need approval before they will post here. Thank you for understanding.