Punch Handle TO-0031
1" Square Punch TO-0033
Today I want to share with you a really unique project. You can create your own faux quilt look using printed paper of your choice (or solid colors will work too) and our 1" paper punch with punch handle.
Following is a step by step photo tutorial on how to create a faux quilt.
1. Cut a piece of card stock (any color) 5 1/2 x 4 1/4". This is your base piece.
2. Attach the handle to the 1" paper punch cartridge and punch out 24 one inch squares.
NOTE: I used a pack of printed paper (Celebrate You Prints PP-0027). I punched out 4 of each of the 6 designs.
3. Using Craft Glue AD-0111 put a thin layer of glue on the back of a square. Then place the square on the base piece. You can work down or across. You will be doing 4 rows down and 5 rows across. I like having some extra squares to mix up the patterns a bit.
4. Allow card base to dry for just a bit.
5. Using a black ink pen, make small "X"s down and across where you have seam lines.
6. Trim off excess card base around the two edges.
7. This can be used as a card front background now or you can proceed to the next step.
This one is Ornate Label DI-0077 used with Journey Platinum Machine TO-0090
NOTE: In this photo the dies are facing cut side up, but they need to be facing down when they go through your machine.
10. Now you have 3 pieces to use together or separately to create your cards.
I will have more samples to share with you in the coming days. Wanted to show you the tutorial first.