Friday, June 2, 2017

Gone Surfing Stamp Set & The Twill Rope Bloom Benefit Were Used For This Birthday Card

The other day I was trying to think of something I could make using the Twill Rope Bloom Benefit.   It is thicker and not as flexible as our thread or twine.   The more I handled it, the more it made me think of rope/fisherman's netting and the beach.   Inspiration had sprung!!!

I cut out a rectangle shape of Dark Roast Card Stock (but any dark color would work), put white liner tape on the front of the card stock, and then started wrapping the Twill Rope completely around it.  It is very sticky to work with as you wrap but so worth the effort.   Press the rope down onto the white liner tape so it is secure.   Set aside.  I love the texture of this and it just felt like it belonged at the beach.


I stamped out the surf boards and the sentiment (both from Gone Surfing) using Dark Roast Ink Pad on Oatmeal Cookie Card Stock and then fussy cut them out.  Set aside. 

Card is an A2 top fold ... card base is 4 1/4" x 11" scored at 5 1/2".
(Note:  Black you seen in the backgrounds is not part of the card).

Base that I did the coloring of the background is Whip Cream Card Stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".

Using large dauber dowels and pads, the beach was created using Oatmeal Cookie and Cocoa Powder Ink Pads.   The water/sky was created using Cool Pool and Pool Play Ink Pads.   After blending I did add in some Sparkle Silk to the water/sky area.

Rope piece was glued onto the card with white liner tape.   Both the surf board and the sentiment were added using foam squares.



This is the same card ... I was trying out different sentiments for it.   The tag is from the Tag It Bloom Benefits.  I hand wrote the "Thanks" and tied a bit of the rope to it.   I decide on the other sentiment, but wanted to show you both versions.

I must admit this is one of my most favorite cards I have ever made.   It just came out perfectly with my vision/inspiration.   

Fun Stampers Journey Products Used:

Gone Surfing Stamp Set SS-0327  set of 8 stamps
Twill Rope AC-0282 (Bloom Benefit)
Tag It  AC-0281 (Bloom Benefit)
Dark Roast Card Stock CS-0091
Whip Cream Card Stock CS-0040
Oatmeal Cookie Card Stock CS-0023
Cool Pool Ink Pad IP-0074
Pool Party Ink Pad IP-0051
Oatmeal Cookie Ink Pad IP-0011
Hazelnut Blend Ink Pad IP-0012
Dauber Dowell Lg TO-0138
   If you need refill pads    TO-0140 (large 10 sponges)
White Liner Double Sided Tape AD-0001
Journey Foam Squares AD-0084 small OR AD-0085 medium
Sparkle Silk IP-0126

SALES/PROMOTIONS:

Break Up Sale and Clearance Sale extended through the end of June while supplies last!!!

Our Break-up Sale (30% off select items) and also our Clearance Sale (50% off select items).  All items will be listed under Product Category once you click on "Shop" on my website. Click on Break-up Sale and Clearance Sale to see the complete list of items currently available.  (click on photo to enlarge ... shows the categories for you)

Remember with both sales, they are "while supplies last" and quantities may be limited.  Some items will sell out quickly.

Misc News & Information:

Reminder that if you purchase through my Fun Stampers Journey website in Apr/May/June 2017, you will automatically receive a FREE copy of our new annual catalog (a $12.95 plus tax & shipping value) from me as a THANK YOU GIFT!!!.   
Please contact me directly if you have order questions or question about becoming a Coach/a member of my team.    As always, orders may be placed through my business website.    

 

Mary Director
Fun Stampers Journey Coach Manager 
http://www.funstampersjourney.com/marydirector
24/7 on-line ordering available




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your feedback is important to me. Because I am trying to avoid SPAM being posted on my blog, all comments are moderated and need approval before they will post here. Thank you for understanding.