Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Thinking Outside the Box - Using the Vagabond Chips Container - Fun Stampers Journey Products


One of our brand new products this quarter is the Vagabond Chips AC-0354.   It contains 45 pieces.  There are 9 designs with 5 of each design included.

When I first got the chips (they are chipboard), I was trying to think of ways to use them on cards.   Then I started to about the box itself and what I could use it for.   It's a little larger than 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 overall in dimension.   Each box is about 1 1/4 x 1 1/4.   What could I make with it.   I knew I wanted to paint it. So I got out my Whip Cream Acrylic Paint and set to work.


If I do it again and plan to let the paint show, I will sand the edges of the container first to give it a smoother appearance.   The sponge brush was OK, but I found that I liked using a regular paint brush better for this.  It allowed me to get into the corners much easier.


Idea #1:  I glued in punched out squares (1 1/4 x 1 1/4 ... that had to be slightly trimmed to fit) of Black Licorice Card Stock.   Used our Journey Craft Glue for that.  Thought the buttons looked cute.    Felt I could add in flowers or others things into the little box areas.



Idea #2:  The kid in me came out with this idea.   Why not make it a Tic-Tac-Toe Board using our Vagabuttons.  Ten buttons would be needed.   The Vagabuttons I believe are wood.  One side is plain, the other side printed.   Makes for a compact playing board, just add some type of drawstring bag for it to be kept in.


Idea #3:  Created a travel theme shadow box using one of each design of the chips.   I left them plain, but they could be easily colored in with Silks, Splashed, Acrylic Paint, Re-Inkers, or even our Ink Pads.   The sky is the limit.


Idea #4 and the design I made permanent (I only had one box to work with):  I wanted a cute shadow box that was cheerful, bright, and unique.   I think I hit the nail on the head with this one.   The Vagabond Chips were colored in with Silks.   The flowers were cut out from the Blue Skies Stamp Set and colored in with our Color Burst Pencils.   I also coated them with Journey Glaze and Sparkle Cuts.   Each one of the Vagabuttons was coated with Sparkle Silk.  Then when dried, I added in the twine and/or thread bows.

The Vagabond Chips and Flowers were raised up using Journey Foam Squares.   I also used Journey Craft Glue to adhere the buttons in place.

The box was a bit too plain for me, so I added in Gingham Lavender Fusion Ribbon (using White Liner Tape to adhere to the box).   Accented the box with ribbons I made and also Rainbow Drops.   Ribbons and Rainbow Drops were attached with Glue Dots.   Since I had carried the ribbon to the back of the box, I decided to cover it with a square of card stock to give it a finished look.  A small hook could be added to it.  I had a small wooden easel that I set my shadow box on.

What would you do with the Vagabond Chips container?   Wouldn't it make a great gift for someone!

Fun Stampers Journey Products Used:

Gingham Lavender Fusion Ribbon AC-0095  1/4" wide, 15 yards
Journey Beach Breeze Thread AC-0131 68 yards
Journey Lemongrass Thread AC-0132  68 yards
Journey Thread Gold AC-0205  58 yards
Rainbow Drops AC-0178 768 pieces, 6 colors.  3 sizes of each color
      Packaged in a sturdy plastic tray with locking lid.
Sparkle Silk IP-0126
Beach Ball Silk IP-0145
Journey Gold Silk IP-0096
Journey Silver Silk IP-0090
Vagabond Chips AC-0354   45 pieces, 9 designs - 5 pieces of each design
Vagabuttons AC-0352  Bloom Benefit
Blue Skies Stamp Set SS-0574 set of 7 stamps
Blue Skies Die Set DI-0434 Set of 3 dies
    BUNDLE AND SAVE
    Blue Skies Bundle BD-0378  (stamp & die set)
Black Licorice Card Stock CS-0003
Lavender Fusion Card Stock CS-0017
Journey Sparkle Cuts AC-0151 1 oz container
Whip Cream Acrylic Paint  JM-0106  2 oz
Journey Color Burst Pencils JM-0077 48 pure color pencils in a metal tin
Craft Glue AD-0111
White Liner Double Sided Tape AD-0001 55 yards
Journey Glaze AD-0002 4 oz OR Ad-0003 2 oz
Journey Foam Squares AD-0084 small OR AD-0085 medium
Journey Glue Dots AD-0083


April Promotions:   

April 1 through April 30, 2018:

 

Splish Splash Sparkle promotion gives you 20% off a la carte silks and splashes this month!  I use the Silks all the time and the Splashes a great deal too.    This is an amazing deal.   Time to stock up while they are on sale.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE PDF of all the Silks & Splashes on sale.   It will list them by page number, name, and item number.  
AND we also have a 

Splish Splash Sparkle Recruiting Promotion for April 2018

New recruits will receive the Splish Splash Sampler which includes an exclusive collection of FSJ products to help your new Coach get crafting!

Splish Splash Sampler includes:
• Color Splash Sheets / JM-0076
• 1 Media Mister / TO-0121
• Media Tray / TO-0122
• Linear Leaves stencil / JM-0087
• Lemon Grass Color Splash / IP-0078
• Blue Lagoon Color Splash / IP-0084
• Cool Pool Silk / IP-0105
I would love to have you join my team whether you want to be a Hobby Coach or a Business Coach.   As a Coach you receive 20% off all of your purchases.  That means too that if an item is on sale, as a Coach, you will receive an 20% off the sale price!!!   Our quota is the lowest in the industry, and you do not have a quota to meet for the quarter you join in.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
If you would like to place an order or sign up to become a Fun Stampers Journey Coach, here is the link to my business website:
http://www.funstampersjourney.com/marydirector

Mary Director
Fun Stampers Journey Coach Manager 
http://www.funstampersjourney.com/marydirector
24/7 on-line ordering available

My YouTube Channel  https://www.youtube.com/kreateskards



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your feedback is important to me. Because I am trying to avoid SPAM being posted on my blog, all comments are moderated and need approval before they will post here. Thank you for understanding.