Friday, May 27, 2016

My Card Version of the Yellow Submarine


When I saw this stamp set in the Spring Into Summer Mini Catalog from Fun Stampers Journey, I knew I had to order it.   It just made me smile.   Growing up through the Beatles era, it only seemed appropriate when I made the first card with it that the submarine had to be created in "YELLOW".

This stamp set is perfect for watercolor, pencil color, or markers.   I used some watercolors pens that I own to color it in.  After coloring the image in, I fancy cut it out.  Fancy cut refers to intricate cutting around the designs rather than using a die to cut a shape around the stamped image.

Details Pro Shears (4 1/2")  TO-0063

Usually I make card fronts with my designs then attach them to card bases that are Whip Cream Card Stock.

Fun Stampers Journey Products Used:

An Adventure Stamp Set (set of 2) AT-0166*

Journey Platinum Machine TO-0090
Journey Rectangles Dies DI-0041
Journey Ovals Dies DI-0042
Whip Cream Card Stock CS-0040
Lemon Drop Card Stock CS-0018
Nautical Adventure Prints  PP-0025 (6" x 6"; 24 sheet, 4 each of 6 two-sided designs)
Easy Glide Adhesive AD-0081     Refill AD-0082
Journey Foam Squares   1/4" AD-0084   OR   1/2" AD-0085
Details Pro Shears (4 1/2") TO-0063
Journey Silver Pigment Marker IP-0103

NOTE:  * There is a matching die for this stamp ...
An Adventure Die   DI-0166
Also can be purchased as a bundle (stamp set + die)
An Adventure Bundle  BD-0104

Mary Director
Fun Stampers Journey Coach 
http://www.funstampersjourney.com/marydirector
24/7 on-line ordering available


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your feedback is important to me. Because I am trying to avoid SPAM being posted on my blog, all comments are moderated and need approval before they will post here. Thank you for understanding.