Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Mixed Media Project Tutorial - WOW - Fun Stampers Journey Products

Here are 3 versions of the same tree.   The 2nd and 3rd were created using the Gel Press and our Fun Stampers Journey Acrylic Paints.   The first one is the stamped image using Fresh Forest Ink Pad. 

Inspiration hit the other night and I couldn't wait to see if my idea would work.   I had done a technique using mirrored words on the Gel Press the other day, and began to wonder if I did something similar with a stamped image if it would work.


Sparkle Trim Stamp Set SS-0495 Set of 7 stamps

I stamped my image on Whip Cream Card Stock CS-0040 using Fresh Forest Stamp Pad IP-0013.

After stamping the image, I placed it "underneath" the Gel Press JM-0107.  Because the Gel Press is clear, the image shows through extremely well.

I used Green Olive Acrylic Paint JM-0021 to create my tree on top of the Gel Press.  I was careful not to get it too thick.   Also did not completely fill in the tree, just tried to cover the same green areas seen in the stamped image underneath the Gel Press.    After painting the tree, I allowed it to dry (maybe 5 minutes - it was dry to the touch).

Then I started adding different colors of acrylic paint and using the brayer to add them in.  Any color will work, just stayed away from using the Green Olive as that would blend into my tree.    When my colors were in place, I then put a piece ow Whip Cream Card Stock over the Gel Press.  Pressing firmly over the card stock.   I let it dry for a while (maybe 5 to 8 minutes) and this was the result when I did the pull:

As you can tell not all of the tree pulled up.  I hadn't waited long enough for the paint to dry.  I still like the print, but know if I had waited just a bit longer more of the tree would be in the pull.

There was still quite a bit of paint left on my Gel Press.   So I decided to let that dry on the Gel Press (no card stock at this point).  Once dry, I covered the complete area with White Acrylic Paint and immediately covered that with Whip Cream Card Stock.   I pressed firmly a number of times so that the card stock and the paint all came into contact with each other.   I walked away from my project and let it dry for 15 minutes.   This time I wanted to be sure most of the paint would come up with this pull.   This is called "let it ride" technique.    When I went back, I gently pulled my card stock off of the gel press.    This is the result:


Do you see how the rest of the tree came off with this pull, and textures from earlier are showing too!   It is so amazing what you can create.   I now have 2 beautiful card fronts to use and inspiration to make many more.

Yes, this took quite a bit of my time, and they are card fronts (or pieces of art) that I won't mass produce at any time.   But it was so worth my time and effort.  It allowed me to go outside of my comfort zone, and try.   With crafting ... with using the Gel Press ... with using Mixed Media, there is NO right or wrong in the outcome of your designs.  If something doesn't look the way you want it to, add to it.   Don't be afraid.   I could of stopped after my first pull.  I'm so glad I did the 2nd pull.  

The Gel Press, the Brayer, our Acrylic Paints AND MORE are on sale this month for 20% off.  See flyer below.   Here's a list of our acrylic paints:

    Candy Apple Red Acrylic Paint JM-0100
     Bubble Gum Acrylic Paint JM-0104
     Citrus Cooler Acrylic Paint  JM-0099
     Lemon Drop Acrylic Paint JM-0103
     Limeade Splash Acrylic Paint JM-0101
     Beach Ball Acrylic Paint JM-0102
     Whip Cream  Acrylic Paint JM-0106
     Black Licorice Acrylic Paint JM-0105
     Blue Lagoon Acrylic Paint JM-0018
     Cool Pool Acrylic Paint  JM-0020
     Sweet Berry Acrylic Paint JM-0025
     Oatmeal Cookie Acrylic Paint JM-0022
     Pineapple Smoothie Acrylic Paint  JM-0023
     Butter Cream Acrylic Paint JM-0019
     Riverstone Acrylic Paint JM-0024
     Green Olive Acrylic Paint JM-0021

Media Mix Promotion for September 2017:  Select items on sale for 20% off


YES, the Gel Press is part of this sale!!!!


If you would like to see the PDF File that lists all of these items on sale, please CLICK HERE.

There are so many wonderful items on sale:   stencils, wood media, acrylic paint, PanPastels, Journey Gel Press and Fluttering Hearts Gel Impressions Plate, Brayer, and brushes.

This is a great way to stock up on your mixed media products while they are on sale during the month of September 2017.

Recruiting Promotion for September 2017:

 

Sign up to become a Journey Coach in September 2017.   Submit your first qualifying order of $150 or more and Fun Stampers Journey will ship this Media Mix Bundle to you (over a $100 value) for FREE! (Qualifying orders must be placed before October 31, 2017).

I would love to have you on my team.   Let me know if you have questions.


Please click here to view the PDF file that shows all the items by name/item number in this bundle.  Such an amazing offer. 


If you would like to place an order or sign up to become a Fun Stampers Journey Coach, here is the link to my business website:
http://www.funstampersjourney.com/marydirector

Mary Director
Fun Stampers Journey Coach Manager 
http://www.funstampersjourney.com/marydirector
24/7 on-line ordering available

My YouTube Channel  https://www.youtube.com/kreateskards

2 comments:

  1. Yessss! You are so right - there's no right or wrong way, and it was completely worth your time! Thank you for sharing your experimentation with us! I'm having so much fun exploring and playing with my gel press!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. So appreciated. I'm glad to hear you are loving your Gel Press too! How did we ever get by without it!!!!.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your feedback is important to me. Because I am trying to avoid SPAM being posted on my blog, all comments are moderated and need approval before they will post here. Thank you for understanding.