Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Vinyl Designs For T-Shirts - Some Fun Stampers Journey Products

I've been busy creating gifts the last week or so.   And in the process made a couple shirts for myself too.   Iron on vinyl is a fun way to refresh shirts/tees/jackets you might have in your closet.   Be sure though if you use a regular iron, that you place your shirt etc on a very hard surface and put an ironing sheet over the surface and a teflon sheet between the design and the iron.   Press on both sides to ensure the design is fully attached.    Santa brought me the Cricut Easy Press this year (let me have it early), so I have used that instead of an iron to create these shirts.

Everyday Elements Steel Rule Die SR-0004
Will fit both the Amaze & the Platinum Machines
With a steel rule die, I didn't have to remove the heat transfer layer before cutting.   I have used the Steel Rule dies for 3 types of iron-on .... Cricut Glitter Iron On, Cricut Lite-Iron On, and Siser Easy Weed.   If I am going to use the vinyl with our paper punches I remove the heat transfer layer before cutting.   NOTE:  Not all vinyl will easily cut with the thin metal dies.  For them I do remove the heat transfer layer too before cutting.

(In BINARY 10 = 2)
Hubby was thrilled with his shirt.

This shirt I created the text in SCAL (Sure Cuts a Lot) then saved as a JPG to cut out on my Brother ScanNCut2.   I have had my ScanNCut2 for a couple of years now, must admit it has received more use the last week than the last year.   I find for my card making, it is really quicker and easier to just use my dies to cut things out.

NOTE:  If you use TEXT with iron-on vinyl, remember you have to mirror the text before cutting it out.

And the final shirt I made last night (more to come I'm sure):

 Can you guess what it says?
(answer will be in the next paragraph)

My husband loves shirts, license plates that you have to think about what they say.   So this shirt was perfect for him.   It says:   "Think outside the box."   For this shirt, the text and box were created in SCAL (Sure Cuts a Lot) and saved as a SVG file.   The box would of been easy to cut out with my Fun Stampers Journey Squares Die DI-0038 Set of 10 as long as I removed the clear heat transfer paper before cutting.


Please contact me if you have any questions. 

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

If you would like to place an order or sign up to become a Fun Stampers Journey Coach, here is the link to my business website:
http://www.funstampersjourney.com/marydirector

Mary Director
Fun Stampers Journey Coach Manager 
http://www.funstampersjourney.com/marydirector
24/7 on-line ordering available

My YouTube Channel  https://www.youtube.com/kreateskards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your feedback is important to me. Because I am trying to avoid SPAM being posted on my blog, all comments are moderated and need approval before they will post here. Thank you for understanding.