A splatter technique background can be created using Fun Stampers Journey Silks, Re-Inkers, or Splashes. It is so easy to do and really creates some interesting and unique backgrounds. Fun Stampers Journey has 53 colors of re-inkers, 14 colors of Silks, and 17 colors of Splashes. So many options, PLUS you can mix and match them too.
1. Put drops or splashes of color on an acetate clear sheet (like the stamp sets are attached to when you receive them).
2. Mist with water (our Media Mister TO-0121 is "PERFECT" for this step)
3. Place card stock or Color Splash Sheet (JM-0076) over the top of the misted area.
Now gently press down and smooth around the paper you are using.
4. Gently lift up.
5. Want more color? Just repeat the steps above with the same sheet of paper.
6. Allow the paper to dry completely before using for your project.
NOTE: Regular card stock will warp/curl more than the Color Splash Sheet will. Color Splash Sheets are sheets made specifically for watercoloring. After they are dry, I place them in between two of my large work pads I have and then add weigh to the top. Works pretty well at flattening them out. I have also found that using a bit more adhesive or White Liner Double Sided Tape helps in keeping the layer more flat too.
Fun Stampers Journey Products Used:Media Mister TO-0121
Color Splash Sheets JM-0076
Journey Gold Silks IP-0096
Journey Silver Silks IP-0090
Journey Bronze Silks IP-0091
Black Licorice Ink Pad IP-0041
Tag Elements Stamp Set AT-0130
Journey Brush Silver Card Stock CS-0135 (so shiny, love it!!)
Rainbow Drops AC-0128
Journey Glue Dots AD-0083
Decorative Medallions Dies DI-0224 set of 3
Journey Platinum Machine with Plates TO-0090
Fun Stampers Journey August Promotions:Don't forget about the Holiday Sparkle Bundle Promotions.
Great deals for these bundled products.
Perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Click HERE for detailed information.