Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Witches Brew Stamp Set From Fun Stampers Journey


Seems impossible that Halloween is just three months away.   Fun Stampers Journey has many choices for Halloween projects in our 2016-2017 Inspiration Book & Catalog as well as the Holidays Mini Catalog.   Remember too that the mini catalog is only valid through the end of September.  The large annual one is valid until the end of June 2017. 

When I created this card, I hadn't received my Journey Color Splash or Journey Color Burst pencils yet.   This would be perfect to color with our pencils (either style).    I used markers to color this in.

Background was created using a sponge and Whip Cream Ink Pad over Black Licorice Card Stock.   Then I dabbed Silver Silks on it.   The cauldron's "green goo" was created using our Electric Lime Silks.  I just used the brush to paint it on.  Added a couple of air bubbles of green right above too.

NOTE:   When using Whip Cream Ink Pad or Re-Inker, it will take just a bit longer to dry.  Drying time will be determined by how much ink you applied.   Because this was lightly sponged, it dried within minutes.   I have a canvas I did using Whip Cream Re-Inker, other re-inkers, and the Blending solution that took over 30 hours to dry.   I believe the combination of blending solution with the Whip Cream Re-Inker is what caused the long drying time.   If you are stamping an image with Whip Cream Ink Pad, I would allow an hour of drying time, then test for dryness. 

I fussy cut the stamped images out with my Details Pro Shears (love those scissors).   Then to add dimension to the card, I added Journey Foam Squares to the back of each stamped image and then attached to my card base.

TIP:  When using a darker card base, be sure to insert/attach a lighter colored panel inside the card for a personal note.   Will make it so much easier for the recipient to read your note inside when you do this.  

Fun Stampers Journey Products Used:

Electric Lime Silks  IP-0108
Journey Silver Silks IP- 0090
Black Licorice Card Stock CS- 0003
Black Licorice Ink Pad  IP-0041
Whip Cream Card Stock CS-0040
Whip Cream Ink Pad IP-0009
Fusion Ink Sponges JM-0014
Journey Foam Squares AD-0084 small OR AD-0085 medium
Witches Brew Stamp Set SS-0388 set of 7 stamps
Details Pro Shears TO-0063

Mary Director
Fun Stampers Journey Coach 
http://www.funstampersjourney.com/marydirector
24/7 on-line ordering available





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your feedback is important to me. Because I am trying to avoid SPAM being posted on my blog, all comments are moderated and need approval before they will post here. Thank you for understanding.