Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Using Both the Positive and the Negative of a Die Cut - Christmas Card

When you cut out a die, do you keep the image (positive) and throw away the paper remaining (negative)?  With this die I used a piece of Whip Cream Card Stock that was 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" so that when the image was cut out, that both the positive and the negative could be used to make cards.   I'm really pleased with the results.

Spellbinders Die:  Designer Series - Holiday - Deck the Halls S4-822 

The first photo is using the positive side ... so just the cut image.   I used Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (Pure Platinum) to create a shiny, silver color.   The mousse was rubbed on with a Dauber Dowel (small).   It went on smoothly and dried instantly.   Easy clean up with soap and water.   This was my first time using this product.   Very pleased with the result.  Would recommend.

I glued the die cuts onto the black card base with FSJ Journey Glue.  If you use a dark card base, be sure to had a white insert inside for the sentiment.

This photo is of the negative of the die cut.   Normally I would just toss, but realized this worked well too.  I added in Rainbow Drops.   Pearls or rhinestones may have been a better choice as the colors tone darker against the back.  I've added these to the supply list below, we have so many choices.

White Liner Tape (double sided) and Journey Craft Glue were used to adhere the negative side to the card base.

Non - Fun Stampers Journey Products:

Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Pure Platinum
Spellbinders Designer Series Die - Holiday - Deck the Halls S4-822

Fun Stampers Journey Products:



Product List
Bloom Tool
$14.95
Pearls
$3.95

If you would like to place an order, my business website is:  
 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mary Director
Fun Stampers Journey Coach Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your feedback is important to me. Because I am trying to avoid SPAM being posted on my blog, all comments are moderated and need approval before they will post here. Thank you for understanding.