Friday, April 1, 2016

Fun Stampers Journey ATS "Ruff Day" & Slight Delay For The Color-Splash Watercolor Pencils

I absolutely love to color in stamped images using watercolors, pens, pencils, and markers.   Thought it would be fun to show you some samples of the pencil coloring technique that I used.

These samples were all done using the exact same ATS (Artist Trading Stamp).

First I stamped the 4 images on Whip Cream card stock using the Black Licorice Fusion Ink.   Our Fun Stampers Journey Inks are fantastic for any type of coloring as they are waterproof as soon as they dry on card stock.  You do NOT need to heat set them on card stock either for them to be waterproof.   I have a full set of Faber Castelle Polychromos pencils that I used for the coloring.   You could use crayons, pencils, watercolors, markers to achieve similar look.

Upper left puppy .... only the stamped image, no coloring
Upper right puppy ... used 3 shades of gray pencils
Lower left puppy ... used 1 brown pencil
Lower right puppy ... used 3 shades of brown pencils

This stamp is so versatile.  Just by changing out the color of your pencils you can completely change the look of the puppy.   I used the grays because it reminded me of our miniature schnauzer.

The ATS stamps are shown throughout the Fun Stampers Journey main catalog.  You can also view them in the back of the main catalog on pages 215 through 217.    ATS stamps are about the size of a baseball card.  Perfect for trading images and for card fronts too.

Fun Stampers Journey Products I Used:
ATS Stamp:   Ruff Day  AT-0068
Card Stock:  Whip Cream CS-0040
Ink:  Black Licorice IP-0041

Watercolor Pencils Coming Soon to Fun Stampers Journey ... in our new Spring into Summer Mini Catalog there is a full set of 48 "Journey Color-Splash Watercolor Pencils".    They arrived, but were not up to our company's quality standards.   So the shipment was sent back.   No date given as to when they will be available.   A slight delay, but so worth the wait.  You know they are already on top of my wish list.  I will be ordering them as soon as they become available.   Thrilled that it is a set of 48 pencils too. 

Mary Director
Fun Stampers Journey Coach 
http://www.funstampersjourney.com/marydirector
24/7 on-line ordering available 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your feedback is important to me. Because I am trying to avoid SPAM being posted on my blog, all comments are moderated and need approval before they will post here. Thank you for understanding.