Monday, November 12, 2018

Final Phase - Advent Calendar

I finished the Advent Calendar this past weekend!!!  I had so much fun working on it, and am very pleased with the result.   For the individuals boxes, I only decorated the front part but did wrap the ribbon all the way around.


The star/tree number set only had 24 numbers and my calendar had 25 boxes.   So I took a number sticker and put the number 25 on top of a Santa hat.   The Santa Hats and Gingerbread Men were just parts of a Christmas accessories sets I found at our local craft store.

The Merry Christmas box on top is from the dollar store.   It is about 2 1/4" square.  I put a piece of cardstock on the bottom and glued it.   Then once dry, I glued the whole present base to the top of the Advent Calendar.  That way I had more area to glue and secure. 

I did find that the FSJ Journey Glaze was an amazing glaze to use to adhere the felt stars and trees to the ribbon.    I used double sided 1/2" Scor-Pal Tape to adhere the ribbon to the boxes. 

Have you made an Advent Calendar before?   What type of goodies do you typically put inside?   I think we are going to use Andes Mints.   If we had small children, it would be fun to put something different in each box.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your feedback is important to me. Because I am trying to avoid SPAM being posted on my blog, all comments are moderated and need approval before they will post here. Thank you for understanding.