Saturday, November 3, 2018

My Latest Christmas Project - Advent Calendar

I was in one of our local craft stores the other day and discovered a paper marche Advent Calendar.  Here's a photo of the Advent Calendar before I have done anything with it.


In the photo I have it laying on its back and have 20 of the 25 drawers removed.  

To complete this, I will cover the back and sides of the main container with printed paper.   Then I will decorate each individual box.  The little boxes are 2 inch squares, and I have found that a 1 (one) inch paper punch is perfect to cut the slot in the box.

I have seen the individual boxes covered on the front only and also covered on all 4 sides.   Honestly, haven't decided which way I will do this.  I do feel that liquid glue, like the FSJ Craft Glue, will be a necessity to get the pieces in place when covering the boxes.

Have you made one of these before?   Any tips or tricks as I start my adventure?

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. this looks like a nice advent calender, nice and sturdy, have fun and share photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I promise lots of photos. I think it will be fun to decorate.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your feedback is important to me. Because I am trying to avoid SPAM being posted on my blog, all comments are moderated and need approval before they will post here. Thank you for understanding.