Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Metallic Butterflies

Crafter's Companion carries a line of Spectrum Noir Metallic Inks in stamp pads and also markers.  I recently purchased the markers (set of 12 and set of 6 all unique colors) and also some butterfly dies/stamps from them (via HSN on craft day).

This is the "negative" of a butterfly cut out that I used as a stencil.   I colored it on black card stock (FSJ) with a light lavender metallic color.   I like the simplicity of this.


Then I decided I wanted to switch it up a bit, so did the design again but in green.   I then cut out a larger, more detailed butterfly in white card stock.   The white butterfly was then covered with the light lavender metallic markder.   I only glued the head and body to the card stenciled design so that the wings would pop up.   Here's the finished design:


I accented the lavender wings with FSJ Sparkle Silk.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your feedback is important to me. Because I am trying to avoid SPAM being posted on my blog, all comments are moderated and need approval before they will post here. Thank you for understanding.